An entrepreneurial driver of product innovation with a proven track record of developing company assets – including people, technology, and information – in a way that builds a solid foundation for long-term revenue generation and growth. An award-winning sales ambassador who effectively supports global and national technology sales efforts within Fortune 500 companies and mid-sized organizations. At ease navigating conditions of an intensely competitive market driving business, improving productivity, motivating teams and securing long-term strategic partnerships. Excel at:
- Recruiting, training, and retaining top technical talent increasing sales support by 400% to support strategic initiatives
- Improving strategic alignment of customer problems with innovative product strategy to align the roadmap, developer resources, and fiscal constraints resulting in over 96% renewal rate
- Exceeding global scaling Key Performance Indicators (KPI)s by 300%
- Recruiting, training, mentoring, and developing high performance teams across diverse markets that enabled ongoing growth and optimal sales productivity focused on organizational strategy
- Negotiating and closing record setting deals driving exponential growth in targeted market segments
- Increasing operational capacity by 400% while simultaneously cutting costs by over $1M
Recognized as a geek with the vision to guide product development teams, sales, and operations to think innovatively about what the customer needs in the future even when the client doesn’t know they want that. Known to be a dedicated servant leader unafraid to roll up the sleeves and get into the trenches with cross-functional teams while leveraging a unique ability to convey highly technical API/SDK, IP networking, Cybersecurity, VOIP, SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and on-premise software concepts in audience-appropriate terms.
- CompTIA Security+
- Executive Data Science - Johns Hopkins University via Coursera
- MCSA plus Security Windows Server 2003
- Virtualization Certified Expert
- Oracle Certified Associate 10g
- MS, Business Intelligence with distinction, Mark Skousen School of Business, Grantham University, Lenexa, KS. 4.0 November 2016
- BS, Summa Cum Laude, Multi-disciplinary Studies (Computer Science/Business), Grantham University, Lenexa, KS. January 2015
- AAS Applied Technology, Central Texas College, Killeen, TX. January 2006
2015 – 2020 Senior Manager, Global Sales Engineering, BlackBerry
As the senior leader of a worldwide Sales Engineering team, I managed pre-sales efforts of seven global technical sales leaders responsible for providing worldwide pre-sales and technical knowledge to NALA, APAC, and EMEA sales teams. Direct global sales engineering, product strategy, and all phases of the product development lifecycle.
- As a Product Strategy leader, coordinate and consult with the customer and cross-functional teams to ensure all technical requirements are identified and subsequently managed to foster innovation throughout the product life-cycle.
- Create and consistently improve sales processes to enable global sales goal attainment
- Convey an innovative value proposition to the entire prospect team to build consensus and fulfill customer needs.
- Create, monitor, and improve business processes enabling BlackBerry’s global sales team to provide customers with the industry leading enterprise-class crisis communication platform
Delivered product innovation from ideation to release in six months. Led product innovation with the Situation Response team from ideation thru the full software development life-cycle to release in six months creating a new revenue stream for the fiscal year.
Closed largest deals in division history. Military client contract consisted of 35 global independent deals. Leveraged military background and expertise to build effective relationship and influence internal decision making resulting in a single contract solution valued at $54M contract with a $14M initial revenue stream.
Re-tooled sales offerings and increased revenue conversion from 3% to 20%+ in one year. Free trial for software program failed to convert customers to paid users. Redesigned demo process to include customized workshops and training. Nurtured pre- and post-sales processes that drove a 600% revenue increase.
Hired, trained, and retained. Retained and maintained team culture during reorganization after acquisition. Hired and trained additional technology sales experts growing the team by 400% around the world in a tight employment market to support our global growth initiatives.
Developed Subject Matter Experts. Globally focused sales engineer team needed expert’s to present an innovative value proposition to manage large customer volume across Canada, Europe, and Australia. Traveled extensively, met with senior leadership teams and provided hands-on training that exceeded SME targets by 300%.
2011 – 2015 Senior Sales Engineer, AtHoc Inc. (Procured by BlackBerry)
AtHoc provided the leading crisis communication suite by facilitating real-time exchange of critical information between people and organizations in times of crisis. Acquired by Blackberry in 2015.
Managed the technical engineering team. Created and introduced technical solutions. Built organization’s value propositions. Performed duties of a systems administrator. Built and fostered relationships with senior management, growing business opportunities. Prior to promotion to Senior Sales Engineer, served as the lead engineer supporting defense, intelligence and international defense sales. Established officer level technical relationships, set value propositions and migrated sales operations systems.
Led processes to improve technical engagement revenues. Tasked with developing strategies to streamline and maximize sales and service delivery for military and other contracts. Developed specific technical strategies that produced 40% YOY growth over four years, including a $50M contract for the U.S. Army.
2007 – 2011 Director/Chief Information Management Officer, 10th Special Forces Group (Airborne)
Oversaw the organizations’ technology operations. Managed the organizations’ technology operations. Led various aspects of Garrison and Tactical Enterprise services across the spectrum of Information Technology services spanning a 20-year career. Focus areas: Classified and Unclassifed LAN and WAN network, Mail, VOIP, Teleconferencing, knowledge management, and other application-level functionality. Led a working group responsible for voice, data, authentication, and collaboration systems. Improved support to tactical operations. Reduced servers by 60% and associated costs 50%. Led an organization of over 90 personnel and leaders to support operations across three continents.
- Identified and analyzed long-standing network shortfalls, then implemented an innovative network expansion project to resolve inefficiencies. Expanding network capacity by 400% and saving the organization over $1M for this project.
- Led an initiative to improve NetApp engineer support to the end-user. This initiative continues to improve the end user’s experience across the SOCOM Information Enterprise by changing the way information flows from the end-user to the NetApp engineers.
- Recommended and managed changes to the Remedy Integrated Service Desk to better support tactical units within the command.
2009-2010 Director, Tactical Enterprise Services and Future Plans Officer, Combined Joint Special Operations Task Force – Arabian Peninsula (CJSOTF-AP)
Officer in charge of a Joint staff and Director of information technology infrastructure that supported all branches of the Department of Defense special operations community throughout the Arabian Peninsula. Developed future growth projections and purchasing plans in support of Configuration Management and Information Assurance for classified and unclassified networks.
- Developed and deployed a collaborative SharePoint environment in support of CJSOTF-AP. This fundamentally changed the way information was shared and collaboration was accomplished throughout the Arabian Peninsula. Reference article: "Operational Connectivity: Unity of effort in Iraq" published in Special Warfare Magazine Vol. 23 Issue 6 (Nov-Dec 2010).
- Managed the virtualization of all theater assets for CJSOTF-AP datacenters which reduced the number of physical servers by 60% and associated power and environmental control costs by 50%.
Earlier Information Technology Management assignments include:
- 2007-2008 Signal Detachment Commander, Special Operations Task Force Central
- 2006-2007 7th Infantry Division, Installation Logistics Information Systems Manager
- 2004-2006 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, Logistics Information Systems Manager/Technician
- 2002-2004 United States Army Europe, Commanding General's Communications Team Lead
- 2000-2002 43rd Signal Battalion, Non-Commissioned Officer in Charge, Hdg. Telecom Facility
- 1997-2000 1st Infantry Division, Communications Non-Commissioned Officer
This is should be a prospective customer's number one call to action, e.g., requesting a quote or perusing your product catalog.